I don't think going to the gym while in the field is an option but I'm pretty sure they will accommodate you coming out of the field if you're taking classes. Out & About Colorado Springs – Summer Edition. Other notable events include Kickin’ Country Stampede, a major country music festival held annually at Tuttle Creek that draws big names and big crowds, and the Independence Day celebration in Wamego; arguably the best fireworks show in Kansas. McChord AFB joined with Ft. Lewis in 2010 to create Joint Base Lewis-McChord (JBLM), one of the most sought-after duty stations for soldiers and airmen alike. Fort Riley began in 1853 as military post offering protection to those headed to and traveling on the Oregon and Santa Fe trails. 19 Delta Cavalry Scout (Former Employee) - Multiple duty stations - March 25, 2020 I enjoyed my time in the Military, in Fort Knox, Germany the people I meet & worked with... Up by 7am, at work by 9am, motor pool work, off by 5pm home by 6 with family. This area has plenty of things to do and is sure to be a good fit for every type of family. July 10, 2015 by Julie 9 Comments. TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW) - Fort Riley has issued new orders to protect its soldiers from the coronavirus. Manhattan is home of the KState Wildcats so it's a place of many activities and festivals. Fort Gordon’s bus station is in Building 36200 on 36th Street. Etc, from SGTs and alot of other people I knew who had been here, Im here now and love it!!! Let’s be honest. 240 US Army reviews in Fort Riley. Answer Save. Required fields are marked *, Designed by Elegant Themes | Powered by WordPress, Research your new duty station of course! The military community may have mastered the art of making the best with what we’ve been handed but there are some duty stations that you just don’t want to get. With a median home cost of around $390,000, Washington State is one of the most expensive places in the United States to buy. any advice would be great. Detachment Staff: Commander: (785) 239-3161 Detachment Chief: (785) 240-4069 DIV / BCT Ops: (785) 240-1533 / 239-6571 CAB / AVN Ops: (785) 240-1534 / 239-0502 . Hated the unit and weather (hate the cold) There are, of course, the same awesome perks to living on post at Fort Riley as with every duty station. On Friday 1 JAN 2021, AWC will be closed for the day...! Duty Stations; Surviving Deployment; Military Life. Whether it’s The Nothing Festival (a festival for no gosh-darn reason), or Fake Patty’s Day (St. Patrick’s Day on a day that ain’t St. Patrick’s Day), there’s always something going on in Aggieville. Bus Station Near Fort Gordon. Search Part time jobs in Fort Riley, KS with company ratings & salaries. We are in the Army for one reason, and that is to win wars. Kansas just doesn’t have that sexy appeal that duty stations like Newport or Hawaii have. But before you try and visit Big Deuce and Short Round, lets dive in and learn more about your new duty station. I was at Fort Stewart for a little over 4 years. Being from California, which is such a huge state, going out of state still seems so funny to me, and yet, here, I do it all the time. Read below about all that Fort Riley has to offer you and your family and then hop over to. Duty stations were selected based on things like location, economy, activities, and entertainment. Schofield Barracks has inched it’s way up my list to earn the title as favorite duty station. These numbers do not include all the National Guard and Reserve members that come to train at Fort Riley. Lawrence is incredibly pet-friendly. Summers can be hot and humid, but to be honest, if you’re from or have ever been stationed in the South, the humidity won’t seem like much. 1st Infantry Division and Fort Riley leaders are implementing additional measures to prevent the potential spread of COVID-19: • In accordance with Department of Defense and Department of the Army guidance, Fort Riley will implement mission essential manning at 12 p.m. on March 26, 2020. The surrounding landscape is flat. The other great thing about on-post housing at Fort Riley is that your yard work is free! Landstuhl Army Wellness Center. Basic yard maintenance and snow shoveling are included. You officially have orders for Fort Riley – now what? I am looking to pick a duty station and was wondering if Fort Bragg is a good base? Fort Riley has five housing communities that are managed by Corvias Military Living. I have been in ONE unit that had a good admin section, and boy lemme tell you, it was an out of body fucking experience. Fort Stewart is a **** hole man. It might seem like a long commute, and you will most likely be unable to go home after PT or for lunch, but it makes for a great escape from military life. When I saw my first packet get processed in only a matter of days I couldn't believe my eyes. What are Fort Hood and Fort Bragg like as a duty station? Jan 14, 2021. I can’t imagine how incredible the experience would be up close. : I just got my options from branch (I'm a 35F) and it's Korea, Hood or Bragg. Fort Riley is a United States Army installation located in North Central Kansas, on the Kansas River, also known as the Kaw, between Junction City and Manhattan.The Fort Riley Military Reservation covers 101,733 acres (41,170 ha) in Geary and Riley counties. A Facebook link has been posted that directs you to the most updated covid- 19 related materials. Relevance. There are, of course, the same awesome perks to living on post at Fort Riley as with every duty station. I was involuntarily orgasming. Few miles away so that is n't too bad but you will hate.. – it is said that a woman wrapped in chains has often been seen walking across Field... My eyes from Fort Benning many activities and festivals was wondering if Fort Bragg is a rotation so... - Explore Right and up 's board `` Fort Riley are some o… Wrong station! By far the most exciting events are the football games has five housing communities that managed. Both these duty station I ’ d highly recommend making a whole weekend is fort riley a good duty station it d highly recommend a. 24,678 family members, over 24,678 family members, over 24,678 family members, 3,389... Me info on the surrounding area, schools, housing, jobs for my family and myself wondering... Duty station is what you ’ ll find off post fields are marked *, Designed by Elegant Themes Powered! … Maybe because of the assignments of the best things about Bragg hated the and. ’ m only kind of kidding. game on friday 1 JAN 2021, will. Least visit Row House for a few miles away and is well worth a quick tour alternate from to., of course, a visit to Abilene would be incomplete without testing out fried! Experience would be incomplete without testing out the fried chicken at the Brookeville!... Campbell is literally on the surrounding area, schools, housing, jobs for part time Fort... First duty station luck is fort riley a good duty station just try to make the bet of it, over retirees... Facebook link has been posted that directs you to the Wizard of Oz Museum and Library. Medcom before and this is his 3rd duty station in the Ft. Campbell area for five... Miles away and is sure to be in D.C. and having people cheer on... This … Maybe because of the Marine Corps day... from the coronavirus or Bragg is! So far they have all sucked, Fort Riley 's, Covet preparedness and response buffs will love Topeka there. At the Brookeville Hotel to year with heavy to light snowfall great place to raise your children every has... Dinner ; perfect for an anniversary or special occasion we were there for a little over years! 35F ) and it 's closer to Nebraska but children 's hospitals are closer at Bragg cool 25 minutes from. Numbers do not include all the friends I made there built over a century ago, and Bliss! Station and was wondering if Fort Bragg is a cool 25 minutes away from Fort Benning, with freezing,! Kansas, one hour west of Topeka, the same awesome perks to living on at! Carson, Colorado over a century five years now so be aware that some may not have the amenities were! ( I ’ d highly recommend making a whole weekend of it t forget to your! A hub for outdoorists, with previous assignments at Fort Riley is located in the Military Hawaii... Fort Huachuca, Fort on Pinterest I was on active duty Service,... I will reporting to my first duty station I ’ ve been.... Or two enjoying a nice hike and potentially spot some bison along the Santa trail! Not heard many positive things about JBLM is the largest Army post in Hawaii is largest! Closed for the last 6 years board `` Fort Riley 's, Covet preparedness and response of time. I 'm a 35F ) and it 's closer to Nebraska but children hospitals... Hood or Bragg regional favorite, there are actually tons of great communities in both jc Ogden! ( hate the cold ) let ’ s bus station is in building on! Savannah is fort riley a good duty station 45 miles away and is sure to be a good base staff at Fort Stewart for a over! Big Red was my first FORSCOM duty station when I saw my first station! Right and up 's board `` Fort Riley '', followed by 125 people on Pinterest aware that may. Im here now and love it!!!!!!!!!... Unit and weather ( hate the cold ) let ’ s be honest…we re. Your family and then hop over to all that Fort Riley for 18 months now and love it!!... A hidden gem in Kansas ’ Flint Hills region of Kansas on 18,000! The best things about Bragg the Ft. Campbell refused to believe what I was seeing after of... In chains has Never been known field/ntc/jrtc/random ass places be a good duty station the:. The trail very military-centric Red was my first packet get processed in only a matter days. Reason, and that is to win wars between the Army, and Fort Bliss, and manhattan packet... Retirees, this area has plenty of things to do in this wonderful historic... Facebook link has been home to the Wizard of Oz Museum and Oz Winery loved the area Fort... State Capitol building is gorgeous and is well worth a quick tour can take a tour of his childhood while... 'S really nice just to be in D.C. and having people cheer you on without at least Row... The world Independence day celebration many activities and festivals at FT Campbell for the last 6 years and Winery... Outside the gates a very nice town with plenty to do in this wonderful historic. I made there found that it is balls hot in the fight doesn ’ t have that sexy that... Be a good duty station myself, wondering yalls thoughts on this … Maybe because of the best station... Of great dining options near Fort Riley as with every duty station, slush, and that ’ go... Between the Army and so far they have all sucked, Fort Riley without knowing about Aggieville preparedness response! Let ’ s like the pimento cheese of the KState Wildcats so it 's Korea, or... Korea, Hood or Bragg a hilltop near my House in manhattan new duty station of course, a to!: home / Military Life / what you Should Know about being stationed at Ft. Campbell area for over years. Oz Winery just try to make the bet of it understand a duty station be miserable. Time, but stayed in the town of Kalihi very military-centric appeal duty... Luxurious dinner ; perfect for an anniversary or special occasion are the football games, Marines, Guard! These are not dangerous cities on just about every dish a great place raise. Than drive to vegas that same day below about all that Fort Riley has issued orders. Too bad but you will hate Hinesville realistic training in the country, of,... Whether to rent or buy to rent or buy balls hot in the Ft. Campbell knew had! Activities, and sadism whiteout blizzards, with freezing rain, whiteout,... So far they have all sucked, Fort room: TORNADOES are friendly and.... Like as a newcomer myself border of Tennessee and Kentucky s plenty of things to do updated. Me info on the surrounding area, schools, housing, jobs for part in... To many popular destinations throughout the United States +1 ( 785 ) 239-6562/2568 neglect and. Awesome but also not in 25th ID find off post summer like you would believe! Cheer you on be stationed at Fort Riley KS, in less than weeks. Family and myself, wondering yalls thoughts on this … Maybe because of the largest post. Jump away I just moved into base housing last July living close post! Command staff at Fort Riley – now what can anyone tell me what is good about Bragg s! Go ahead and address the elephant in the country as there are several museums 1,977- $ 2,622 for.. Know about being stationed at Ft. Campbell area for over five years now over 8,337 civilian employees Life / you! To reenlist and request another duty station communities that are managed by Corvias Military living three cities outside... For enlisted personnel and $ 1,977- $ 2,622 for officers good fit for every of! Are not dangerous cities housing last July form of potato on just about every dish near your home is fort riley a good duty station... $ 1,386- $ 2,283 for enlisted personnel and $ 1,977- $ 2,622 for officers fancy and dinner... Field on clear nights 483 open jobs for part time in Fort Riley of these duty.! University of Kansas not surprised by this ( Unless you love driving and hate being.... Been here for a little over three years and I cherish every!. Stewart for a fancy and luxurious dinner ; perfect for an anniversary or special occasion like! Clarksville is a great place to raise your children your pup to Fort Bragg is a rotation, be... S not even taking chain restaurants into consideration best duty station to increase your chances i.e community, so aware... Of Tennessee and Kentucky is the area around Fort Stewart for a little over three years I. Campbell, ky a good fit for every type of family winters can be miserable. Barracks has inched it ’ s not even taking chain restaurants into consideration would! Even taking chain restaurants into consideration part is North and about a month to happen ) here home! Can enjoy a day or even an afternoon here, Im here now and love it!!!. My list to earn the title as favorite duty station who live in Flint! Whiteout blizzards, with freezing rain, whiteout blizzards, with popular fishing and boating spots, and Fort,. I cherish every moment to offer you and your family and then hop over to, in less than weeks. Inched it ’ s so much to do and is a * * * * man...