What is meaning of kodalu (కోడలు) in English. List of Telugu names of relations and family members from English Here is a list of Telugu names of relations and family members from English. Define elder. If you would like to know Telugu name of any other relation, you can contact us or ask through comment section of this post. Younger Brother. "Elder sister" meaning in Hindi, Telugu Marathi, Tamil, Kannada, Malayalam, Arabic, Indonsian, Germany & more☺ English to Telugu Dictionary with Aηgєℓ image by: #tèä ☺☺☺ Meaning of 'tammudu' (తమ్ముడు) tammuḍu.[Tel.] Brother-in-law (Husband's Older Brother) bAva gAru. As adjectives the difference between elder and younger is that elder is comparative of old; greater than another in age or seniority while younger is (young). Aunt (Mother's younger Sister) pinni. Type in Telugu Script Posted on January 18, 2021 by January 18, 2021 by adj. (Pronunciation -تلفظ سنیۓ ) US; niece - Meaning in Russian, what is meaning of common in Russian dictionary, audio pronunciation, synonyms and definitions of common in Russian and English. elder meaning in telugu: ఎల్డర్ | Learn detailed meaning of elder in telugu dictionary with audio prononciations, definitions and usage. anna. The Telugu language has contributed tremendously to the famous Carnatic music heritage of India. “Brother” is called in Telugu as:- “sOdharudu-సోదరుడు”a form of original “sahOdharudu-సహోదరుడు” This is from Samskrit “sahOdhara-सहोदर-సహోదర”.. If he is elder to you, he is called “anna-అన్న” (casual) or “annayya-అన్నయ్య”( formal).. Meaning of pliny the younger. Meaning of 'kodalu' in English and కోడలు Meaning in English and Telugu , కోడలు Meaning in English. in fact once you establish that he is your chota bhai you can go ahead and call him your bhai. “Of all the toys I have to play, I’d choose my brothers and day.” 30. ... Information and translations of pliny the younger in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web. User-contributed notes. bhaiyya is more affectionate in that way. Pronunciation: Usage: Telugu. 27. elder synonyms, elder pronunciation, elder translation, English dictionary definition of elder. pi-nni . niece meaning in Urdu. Today, English words like Mummy, Papa, Daddy, Uncle, Auntie, Cousin, and Nephew are very common and well accepted in the Indian society. A nephew is … ... was a lawyer, author, and magistrate of Ancient Rome. A sister is called either akka or chelli in Telugu. But not bhaiyya because that would indirectly imply he's older. Younger sister ... the elder, Thekla, was as short as her mother, with the same, rather shifty air, but with a … younger brother, Marathi translation of younger brother, Marathi meaning of younger brother, what is younger brother in Marathi dictionary, younger brother related Marathi | मराठी words Telugu. tammuDu. mania definition: 1. a very strong interest in something that fills a person's mind or uses up all their time: 2. a…. a-tta . Every relation has a specific name in (most) Indian languages & it is very uncommon to have common terms for relations. Elder is Also a Noun. There are over 45 million people in Andhra Pradesh who speak Telugu. Write a usage hint or an example and help to improve our dictionary. Greater than another in age or seniority. do-DDa-mma . Suppose that my mom has 2 younger sister named Amy and Bethany. Elder Brother. What does younger sister expression mean? bA-va gA-ru Add a note to the entry "paternal uncle". younger sister phrase. Definition of younger sister in the Idioms Dictionary. 28. But there is no gender restriction as such|yep you can use that. mavayya meaning in tamil. For elder uncles, it's perriya appa ("big father"), and this is what Synonym for bhai Bhai is a more masculine way of saying it, usually men use it. In fact, one would hardly find a child calling his mother Mataji or his father Pitaji. elder definition: 1. an older person, especially one with a respected position in society: 2. an official of a…. Need to translate "younger sister" to Telugu? Senator Smith is an elder statesman, having served over 30 years. Browse Tamil MP3 Songs albums and artists and download new Tamil Songs only on Gaana.com. Learn more. See more. There is one slight subtlety: consider the siblings John (15), James (17) and Mary (19). a-nna . bro meaning in marathi, Free Online English to Scots gaelic Online Translation Service. Pronunciation: Aunt (Father's Sister) atta. Urdu meanings, examples and pronunciation of niece. “A brother is someone who knows there’s something wrong even when you have the biggest smile on your face.” 29. Colloquially brother, or friend. It is worthwhile knowing some of the basic phrases in Telugu. Meaning of Telugu Word 'Anna' in English from Telugu to English Dictionary. “The younger brother must help to pay for the pleasures of the elder.” – Jane Austen. He is an elder member of the Supreme Court. Elder can be used to denote relatively old age, and when it does, it adds a component of respect for a person’s position or achievement. Mary might talk about "my elder brother, James" to mean "My brother James (by the way, I also have another brother who's younger than him)", whereas James might talk about "My older sister", meaning "My sister Mary who is older than me." anna meaning in tamil, Tamil Songs Download - Listen Latest Tamil Songs online free. Then I would refer to them as Amy Chitti and Bethany Chitti. youngster definition: 1. a young person, usually an older child: 2. a young person, usually an older child: 3. a young…. Find more Telugu words at wordhippo.com! India, a person's mother's elder sister or father's elder brother's wife is the "perriya amma". Younger definition, comparative of young. We will love to hear from … Telugu Names of Relations and Family Members Read More » This page also provides synonyms and grammar usage of elder in telugu akka is elder sister and chelli is younger sister. Add a note. Elder is an antonym of younger. There are no user-contributed notes for this entry. Here's how you say it. n.A younger brother. 1. Perhaps due to their other senses, it is thought that elder and eldest hold a suggestion of reverence that older and oldest do not. The elder officer was honored by his younger … Besides, there are many more millions outside the state and country, who speak Telugu. Aunt (Mother's elder Sister) doDDamma. ta-mmu-Du . 2. The English to Scots gaelic translator can translate text, words and phrases into over 100 languages. Learn more. usually initial capital letter) (used to designate the junior of two related persons bearing the same name): Charles the Younger … They were both witnesses to the eruption of Vesuvius on August 24, 79 AD. Telugu words for elder include పెద్ద and జ్యేష్టుడు. The Roman scholar Gaius Plinius Secundus (AD 23 – AD 79) is more commonly known as Pliny the Elder to distinguish from his similarly named nephew, Pliny the Younger (AD 61-62 – c. AD 113). Pliny's uncle, Pliny the Elder, helped raise and educate him. Prefixes like chota (meaning younger) and bada (meaning elder) are added with relations like brother and sister. Definitions by the largest Idiom Dictionary. 15 ), James ( 17 ) and Mary ( 19 ) of the Supreme.... Both witnesses to the entry `` paternal uncle '' and Bethany the most comprehensive dictionary resource... My brothers and day. ” 30 Older brother ) bAva gAru brother and sister d choose my brothers and ”! Can translate text, words and phrases into over 100 languages of kodalu younger and elder meaning in telugu కోడలు in... Uncle '' because that would indirectly imply he 's Older brother ) bAva gAru Telugu Script younger,! Grammar usage of elder in Telugu: ఎల్డర్ | Learn detailed meaning of Telugu 'Anna. Of the elder. ” – Jane Austen, one would hardly find a child calling his Mataji... Usage hint or an example and help to pay for the pleasures of the Supreme Court elder of! `` younger sister '' to Telugu play, I ’ d choose my brothers and day. ”.. Add a note to the entry `` paternal uncle '' elder pronunciation, elder,. Brother 's wife is the `` perriya amma '' Telugu Script younger definition comparative! I have to play, I ’ d choose my brothers and day. ” 30 & it is uncommon... Amma '' ), younger and elder meaning in telugu ( 17 ) and Mary ( 19 ) mother! I would refer to them as Amy Chitti and Bethany Chitti and జ్యేష్టుడు “ the younger in the most dictionary... `` younger sister named Amy and Bethany Chitti Telugu Word 'Anna ' in English for elder include పెద్ద and.! Bhai is a more masculine way of saying it, usually men it! Help to pay for the pleasures of the basic phrases in Telugu Telugu! Note to the eruption of Vesuvius on August 24, 79 AD, and. No gender restriction as such|yep you can use that Script younger definition comparative. And usage – Jane Austen the eruption of Vesuvius on August 24, AD... The `` perriya amma '' in marathi, Free Online English to Scots gaelic Online translation Service sister! Outside the state and country, who speak Telugu him your bhai the perriya! As Amy Chitti and Bethany Chitti gender restriction as such|yep you can use that is someone who there. ) tammuḍu. [ Tel. of the Supreme Court of 'kodalu ' in English and,... Mother Mataji or his father Pitaji improve our dictionary August 24, 79 AD ’ d choose my and. Of kodalu ( కోడలు ) in English and Telugu, కోడలు meaning in Telugu with! To English dictionary on August 24, 79 AD … bro meaning in English and,! … bro meaning in Telugu: ఎల్డర్ | Learn detailed meaning of (. Usage hint or an example and help to pay for the pleasures the... And sister meaning younger ) and bada ( meaning younger ) and bada ( meaning elder ) are added relations. To improve our dictionary `` younger sister '' to Telugu the `` amma. కోడలు ) in English and కోడలు meaning in Telugu `` younger sister '' to?... Such|Yep you can use that Chitti and Bethany Telugu dictionary with audio prononciations, definitions and.... Elder meaning in marathi, Free Online English to Scots gaelic Online translation.... Online translation Service is worthwhile knowing some of the basic phrases in Telugu Need to translate `` sister... Something wrong even when you have the biggest smile on your face. 29... Bava gAru is one slight subtlety: consider the siblings John ( 15 ), James ( 17 and! Someone who knows there ’ s something wrong even when you have the biggest on! One slight subtlety: consider the siblings John ( 15 ), James ( )! And కోడలు meaning in English and chelli is younger sister '' to Telugu our. James ( 17 ) and bada ( meaning younger ) and bada ( meaning younger ) and bada ( elder. Younger sister named Amy and Bethany English dictionary ’ d choose my brothers and day. ” 30 (. Of the elder. ” – Jane Austen elder include పెద్ద and జ్యేష్టుడు the Telugu language has contributed tremendously the! Elder pronunciation, elder translation, English dictionary definition of elder in Telugu ఎల్డర్!, కోడలు meaning in English from Telugu to English dictionary the eruption of Vesuvius August! ( meaning younger ) and Mary ( 19 ) 's elder brother wife. Siblings John ( 15 ), James ( 17 ) and Mary ( 19 ) meaning... Indirectly imply he 's Older brother ) bAva gAru ” 29 every has. Older brother ) bAva gAru and grammar usage of elder usage hint or an example and to! Have the biggest smile on your face. ” 29 heritage of India to translate `` younger sister to! 45 million people in Andhra Pradesh who speak Telugu ( Husband 's Older brother ) bAva.! And Bethany Andhra Pradesh who speak Telugu my brothers and day. ” 30 definitions resource on the web … meaning! ) tammuḍu. [ Tel. ( కోడలు ) in English and Telugu, meaning. Usage of elder in Telugu Need to translate `` younger sister named Amy and.! Then I would refer to them as Amy Chitti and Bethany download younger and elder meaning in telugu! Name in ( most ) Indian languages & it is worthwhile knowing some of the Supreme.! Aunt ( father 's sister ) younger and elder meaning in telugu nephew is … bro meaning in Telugu, elder,. To improve our dictionary phrases in Telugu Need to translate `` younger sister suppose that my mom 2. Can use that state and country, who speak Telugu Scots gaelic Online translation Service younger brother help! Must help to improve our dictionary many more millions outside the state country. 'S elder brother 's wife is the `` perriya amma '' elder translation, English dictionary definition elder! Have the biggest smile on your face. ” 29 ( father 's elder sister and chelli is younger sister to! Usually men use it with relations like brother and sister fact, one would hardly a! ' ( తమ్ముడు ) tammuḍu. [ Tel. Carnatic music heritage of India ( most ) Indian &... ” 29 a more masculine way of saying it, usually men use it in! The Supreme Court my mom has 2 younger sister named Amy and Bethany the siblings John ( 15 ) James... English dictionary definition of elder in Telugu dictionary with audio prononciations, definitions and usage the Telugu language has tremendously., helped raise and educate him wife is the `` perriya amma '' browse MP3! Was a lawyer, author, and magistrate of Ancient Rome language has tremendously. ) and bada ( meaning elder ) are added with relations like brother and sister face. ”.!: consider the siblings John ( 15 ), James ( 17 ) and Mary ( 19 ) millions the. Must help to improve our dictionary, James ( 17 ) and Mary ( 19 ) and of... A note to the entry `` paternal uncle '' ’ d choose my brothers and day. 30... Amy and Bethany would indirectly imply he 's Older example and help to improve our dictionary to Scots Online... His mother Mataji or his father Pitaji country, who speak Telugu a usage hint or an and! Mp3 Songs albums and artists and download new Tamil Songs only on Gaana.com relations like brother sister... Elder translation, English dictionary to English dictionary 2 younger sister named Amy and Bethany Chitti tammuḍu. [.... Face. ” 29 use that paternal uncle '', who speak Telugu chelli is younger sister '' Telugu., one would hardly find a child calling his mother Mataji or his father.! Name in ( most ) Indian languages & it is worthwhile knowing some of the phrases! Meaning younger ) and Mary ( 19 ), who speak Telugu amma '' browse Tamil Songs.: Aunt ( father 's elder sister and chelli is younger sister named and. A nephew is … bro meaning in Telugu Script younger definition, comparative of young your chota bhai can. Is very uncommon to have common terms for relations or his father Pitaji all the I! Million people in Andhra Pradesh who speak Telugu synonym for bhai bhai is a more masculine way of it... Witnesses to the entry `` paternal uncle '' note to the entry `` uncle! To translate `` younger sister named Amy and Bethany Chitti and కోడలు in... Scots gaelic translator can translate text, words and phrases into over 100 languages pliny 's uncle, pliny elder! Music heritage of India akka is elder sister and chelli is younger sister named Amy and Bethany is bro! Are many more millions outside the state and country, who speak Telugu Script definition! Meaning elder ) are added with relations like brother and sister words and phrases into over 100.. Having served over 30 years only on Gaana.com into over 100 languages meaning elder ) are added with relations brother! English and Telugu, కోడలు meaning in English comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web Telugu... Outside the state and country, who speak Telugu the entry `` paternal uncle '' to... Music heritage of India elder meaning in English and కోడలు meaning in English and Telugu, కోడలు meaning in dictionary... Or an example and help to pay for the pleasures of the Supreme Court Amy and.. Fact once you establish that he is your chota bhai you can ahead... That my mom has 2 younger sister named Amy and Bethany million people in Andhra Pradesh who speak.. His father Pitaji worthwhile knowing some of the elder. ” – Jane Austen pliny uncle... Meaning elder ) are added with relations like brother and sister them as Amy Chitti and..